As an AI language model, I can provide information based on the available data up until September 2021. Currently, online gambling regulations vary across countries, and new legislations are constantly being introduced. However, here are ten countries that have made significant strides towards legalizing online gambling in recent years:
1. Germany: Starting from 2020, Germany has implemented a new Interstate Treaty on Gambling (ISTG 2021) that allows online casino gaming and sports betting under a strict licensing framework.
2. Netherlands: In April 2021, the Netherlands opened its online gambling market with the launch of the Remote Gambling Act, enabling licensed operators to offer online casino games and sports betting.
3. Switzerland: In 2019, Switzerland established a new gambling law that permitted online gambling within the country’s borders. The law allows domestic operators to provide online casino games, poker, and sports betting.
4. Argentina: In late 2020, the Argentinian province of Buenos Aires legalized online gambling, allowing operators to offer online casino games, poker, and sports betting to residents within the province.
5. Ukraine: In 2020, Ukraine passed a comprehensive gambling law that legalized online casinos, poker, and sports betting within the country. Any operator meeting the licensing requirements can offer online gambling services.
6. Colombia: Colombia has had a regulated online gambling market since 2016. It allows operators to offer online casino games, sports betting, and poker under a licensing system supervised by the Coljuegos regulatory body.
7. Peru: Online gambling in Peru has been legal since 2008, allowing licensed operators to offer a wide range of online gambling products, including casino games, sports betting, and poker.
8. Czech Republic: In 2017, the Czech Republic implemented a new gambling law that legalized online casinos, sports betting, and poker. Operators require a license issued by the Czech Ministry of Finance.
9. Sweden: In January 2019, Sweden introduced a new gambling law, allowing licensed operators to offer online casino games, sports betting, and poker. Licensed operators fall under the jurisdiction of the Swedish Gambling Authority.
10. Italy: Gambling in Italy has been regulated since 2006. Licensed operators can offer online casino games, sports betting, and poker. The market is regulated by the Autonomous Administration of State Monopolies (AAMS).
It’s important to note that online gambling regulations frequently change and may vary in each country, so it’s always advisable to consult the relevant legal sources or professional advice for the most up-to-date information.